You can buy the pdf/epub versions of the book using these links:
You can also get the book as part of these bundles:
- Magical one-liners
- Awesome Regex
- All books bundle
- Includes all my programming books
Step up your cli fu with this fabulous intro & deep dive into awk. I learned a ton of tricks!
I consider myself pretty experienced at shell-fu and capable of doing most things I set out to achieve in either bash scripts or fearless one-liners. However, my awk is rudimentary at best, I think mostly because it's such an unforgiving environment to experiment in.
These books you've written are great for a bit of first principles insight and then quickly building up to functional usage. I will have no hesitation in referring colleagues to them!
Here's a list of programming books I've written:
- Understanding Python re(gex)?
- Ruby Regexp
- CLI text processing with GNU grep and ripgrep
- CLI text processing with GNU sed
- CLI text processing with GNU awk
- Ruby one-liners cookbook
- Perl one-liners cookbook
- 100 Page Python Intro
- Practice Python Projects
- Command line text processing with GNU Coreutils
- Command line text processing with Rust tools
- Vim reference guide
- Computing from the Command Line