In this project, you'll learn to build a Graphical User Interface (GUI) application using the
tkinter built-in module. The task is to ask multiple choice questions, collect user answers and finally display how many questions were answered correctly. Before coding the GUI, you'll first see how to write a program to read a file containing questions and choices and implement a solution using the
input() function. To make the task more interesting, you'll also randomize the order of questions and choices.
- Decide a format to parse a file for questions, choices and the correct answer
- Read the file, separate out questions, choices and save the answer for reference
- Implement a solution using
- Randomize the order of questions and choices for fun
- Learn basics of
tkinterand understand why
classis preferred for GUIs
- Implement a GUI application
The following modules and concepts will be utilized in this project:
I've long wanted to create an interactive GUI for programming exercises. This is already provided by many websites, but I wanted a desktop solution that can be customized.
The MCQ implementation here is just a tiny part of that idea. As the saying goes, mountains are conquered one step at a time.