This is a collection of Python learning resources. Many of the resources, especially the beginner ones, are free.
For a curated list of frameworks, libraries, software, etc, see awesome-python
See also: My collection of curated resources for computer science, programming and related topics.
I don't have personal experience with majority of the resources mentioned here. I have collected them from various recommendation threads on Reddit, Hacker News, Stackexchange sites, Twitter, GitHub, etc.
- Beginner resources
- Specific features
- Abstract Syntax Trees
- Async and concurrency
- Command line applications
- Context managers
- Decorators and closures
- Iterables, Generators, Yield, Itertools
- Lists and comprehensions
- OS interaction
- Pattern matching
- Profiling code and speeding up Python
- Regular Expressions
- Type annotations
- Virtual Environments and Packaging
- Intermediate to Advanced resources
- Domain specific resources
I publish learnbyexample weekly every Friday, for free:
- Article of the week
- Programming Deals
- Tip of the week
- and more...
- mdBook — for converting markdown to web version
- mdBook-pagetoc — for adding table of contents
- minify-html — for minifying html files
- Warning and Info icons by Amada44 under public domain
- Inkscape — favicon
- svgcleaner — for optimizing images
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Zero v1.0 Universal License