The above image was generated using
matplotlib courtesy code provided by Doing Math with Python book.
Last month, I had an opportunity to conduct beginner Python workshop for maths department students in an arts and science college. It was a great experience and I had my first taste of how Python could be applied for mathematical problems. Presented here are bunch of useful links that I gathered as resources for the students.
Books and courses🔗
- Doing Math with Python
- Maths with Python
- Doing mathematics with Python
- Lectures on scientific computing with Python
- Digital Signal Processing in Python
- Audio Signal Processing for Music Applications
- Mathematical Thinking in Computer Science
Python for beginners🔗
- Automate the Boring Stuff with Python — teaches you programming concepts and then shows how to automate everyday problems
- How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Interactive Edition — inspired by Think Python
- The Python Coding Book — friendly, relaxed programming book for beginners
- Comprehensive Python cheatsheet
- Pythontutor: Visualize code execution — also has example codes and ability to share sessions
- What does debugging a program look like?
- Problem solving skills
See my comprehensive Python learning resources for more.
numpy, scipy, matplotlib🔗
- From Python to Numpy
- Advanced Numpy Techniques
- List of data science Python notebooks
- Scipy Lecture Notes
- Scientific Visualization: Python + Matplotlib
- Collection of charts with Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, etc
- Scientific Python Cheatsheet
- benchmarking, profiling and optimising Python code - includes discussion on numpy