These commands allow you to move based on a single character search, within the current line only.
- f( move forward to the next occurrence of character
- fb move forward to the next occurrence of character
- 3f" move forward to the third occurrence of character
- t; move forward to the character just before
- 3tx move forward to the character just before the third occurrence of character
- Fa move backward to the character
- Ta move backward to the character just after
- ; repeat previous
Tmotion in the same direction
- , repeat previous
Tmotion in the opposite direction
- for example, tc becomes Tc and vice versa
Note that the previously used count prefix wouldn't be repeated with ; or , commands, but you can use a new count prefix. If you pressed a wrong motion command, use the Esc key to abandon the search instead of continuing with the wrongly chosen command.