v flags, corrected many mistakes, improved examples, exercises and so on.
All Books Bundle is just $12 (normal price $32) — includes all my 13 programming ebooks.
- Examples and exercises added for
- Strings in code snippets changed to be uniformly represented in single quotes
- In general, many of the examples, exercises, solutions, descriptions and external links were updated/corrected
- Updated Acknowledgements section
- Code snippets related to info/warning sections will now appear as a single block
- New cover image
- Images centered for EPUB format
On this blog, I post tips covering Python, command line tools and Vim. Here are video demos for these tips:
Literally was having a mini-breakdown about not understanding Regex in algorithm solutions the other day and now I'm feeling so much better, so thank YOU! I genuinely feel like I'm developing the skill for spotting when and where to use them after so much practice!
Table of Contents🔗
- Why is it needed?
- RegExp introduction
- Alternation and Grouping
- Escaping metacharacters
- Dot metacharacter and Quantifiers
- Interlude: Tools for debugging and visualization
- Working with matched portions
- Character class
- Groupings and backreferences
- Interlude: Common tasks
- Further Reading
You can also read the book online here: https://learnbyexample.github.io/learn_js_regexp/.
Visit https://github.com/learnbyexample/learn_js_regexp for markdown source, exercise solutions, sample chapters and other details related to the book.
See my blog post on how to customize
pandoc for generating beautiful PDF/EPUB versions from GitHub style markdown.
Subscribe to learnbyexample weekly — free newsletter covering programming resources, updates on what I am creating, tools, free ebooks and more, delivered every Friday.
Feedback and Errata🔗
I would highly appreciate if you'd let me know how you felt about this book. It could be anything from a simple thank you, Gumroad rating, pointing out a typo, mistakes in code snippets, which aspects of the book worked for you (or didn't!) and so on. Reader feedback is essential and especially so for self-published authors.
You can reach me via:
- Issue Manager: https://github.com/learnbyexample/learn_js_regexp/issues
learn by firstname.lastname@example.org(without the spaces)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/learn_byexample
Happy learning :)